Certification of Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) is only granted to companies that acquire a “trust” status, proving that they contribute to the security of the international supply chain and the compliance with the customs regulations in force.
Definition of AEO – Authorised Economic Operator –
“A party involved in the international movement of goods, which has been certified, by or on behalf of a national Customs Administration, as being in accordance with the World Customs Organization standards or another equivalent security standard of the supply chain.” – World Customs Organization.
An AEO authorisation is an overall assessment process based on the same principles as in other international standards and can only be granted if the company implements internal quality assurance procedures with regard to:
– Customs activity (AEOC certification);
– Security and safety aspects (AEOS certification).
– Deferral of VAT payment on import operations;
– Easier access to customs simplifications;
– Comprehensive guarantee with a reduced amount;
– Reducing the number of physical checks and document checks;
– Recognition as a secure and safe trading partner.
Monitoring is a management stage, managing the AEO authorisation with an unlimited period of application. The “control” of the company’s activity is also carried out after the granting of the certification, and the parameters can be checked by a verification carried out by an external consultant.
– Continuous monitoring of possible breaches of compliance;
– Prevention of non-compliance;
– Update of working procedures and instructions.
We have all the resources to provide adequate support to interested companies wishing to obtain the AEO status by reviewing existing procedures, implementing new procedures, filling in the self-assessment questionnaire and assisting in the verification process carried out by the customs authority. Euroccoper has been an Authorised Economic Operator since 2010 and holds an AEOC certificate for customs simplifications and an AES certificate for safety and security.
An annual audit will help ensure that the conditions of the AEO are met, to maintain the reputation and increase the competitiveness of your company, by continuously accessing the advantages offered only to authorised economic operators.